5 Reasons the Columbia Valley Golf Trail is the Best Golf in the BC Rockies
There’s a reason golfers flock to the towns of Invermere, Fairmont Hot Springs, Panorama, and Radium Hot Springs every season. The Columbia Valley Golf Trail is filled with exceptional courses, bucket list holes, and unbeatable scenery.
The Columbia Valley Golf Trail is nestled between the Purcell and Rocky Mountain Ranges, only a scenic 90 minute drive from Banff. The charming small communities of Spur Valley, Radium Hot Springs, Invermere, Panorama, Windermere, and Fairmont Hot Springs along the Golf Trail each have their own unique flavour.
If you haven’t yet golfed the courses of the Columbia Valley, your summer plans need a refresh! Still need convincing? Here are 5 reasons why the Columbia Valley Golf Trail is the Best Golf in the BC Rockies!
A picture is worth a thousand words! Each course along the Columbia Valley has a stunning “claim to fame” viewpoint along the way! From views of the Columbia River Wetlands, sweeping vistas above Lake Windermere, colourful geographic features (check out Redstreak Mountain as viewed from the Radium Course!), and so much more, you’ll want to have your camera ready.
In the Columbia Valley, you’re never more than 15 minutes away from a course! The communities and courses in the Columbia Valley are tight-knit. Golfers can easily play a round in one town for the morning, and experience another course for sunset. You don’t have to choose one town or course to experience, but instead take a tour along the trail!
The courses along the Columbia Valley Golf Trail have incredible dining on their premises, and all so unique.
- Enjoy upscale dishes at the Cliffhanger Restaurant at Greywolf Golf Course
- Indulge in Mexican fare from The Cantina at Spur Valley Golf Resort
- Order up classic course favourites on the stunning patio at the Springs Course
- Taste daily and weekly specials at Eagle Ranch Resort
- Sip cocktails and enjoy fresh menu picks at The View at Copper Point Golf
- Explore the menu of Antlers at the Lodge at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort for tasty soups, salads, sandwiches and more
- Stop in for Friday fish & chips and tacos at Su Casa Authentic Mexican Kitchen at Windermere Valley Golf Course
There’s something for everyone along the Columbia Valley Golf Trail. From family-friendly to award winning, you’ll find a course no matter what you’re looking for! Explore the courses along the Columbia Valley Golf Trail and make sure to book a tee time to secure your preferred time.
5. Nearby Activities, Adventures, and Events
Golf season in the Columbia Valley is never a dull moment. With unlimited outdoor adventures on the mountain trails, Lake Windermere, and the nearby National Parks, there is no shortage of things to do before and after tee times on the greens.
If you’re looking for the perfect golf getaway, look no further! The courses along the Columbia Valley Golf Trail are regarded as the Best Golf in the BC Rockies! Come play our courses, and find out why!